At the adult session of conference a young couple walked into the back of the meeting wearing jeans and t-shirts. They looked very out of place. They sat right in front of me and I sat next to Sister Thomas. The whole meeting was about accepting people and creating a spirit of unity and out of nowhere some single adult walks up to this young couple and taps the guy on the shoulder and is doing this weird gesture with his pants in the aisle. I'm like what the heck is happening. Then I noticed the guy sitting down that his pants were to low.. So the single adult wearing his fancy suit is jestering for him to pull his pants up. The couple looked very embarrassed. I knew at the end of the meeting if this young couple was still sitting there that I was going to tap their shoulder and talk to them. The young woman had cute hair so I tapped her shoulder and saiid I had admired it all evening. I struck up a conversation with them and I learned that they are engaged and were actually planning on going on a night hike that evening when they remembered it was stake conference so they came anyway. In their jeans and t-shirt. I was so impressed. There's no way Benjamin and I would have done that we would have been too embarrassed and we wouldn't have gone. I told them about a time when Benjamin and I were traveling and he was in a suit for some business meeting and we had time to go to the temple but I was just wearing jeans and a t-shirt and I thought I couldn't go in but Benjamin said I'm going to go ask the temple presidency. They said everybody's welcome doesn't matter what they're wearing! it just really brought home that Heavenly father wants us no matter how we come! If we have time to put on thoughtful attire and a prayer and general conference music playing in the background great but if we are literally coming in from outside during a rainstorm muddy and dripping wet he's just glad we're there! That suited YSA guy missed the entire theme of the meeting- but maybe he struggles socially or misses clues.
No comments:
Post a Comment