The rally was on Thursday night. Luckily I got off work an hour early. We headed downtown for the rally. It was so hot that day there was a heat advisory even though it was early in the evening. When we arrived I thought, these are my people. People who show up to say we have got to care that this is happening in our community. Later I noticed that much of the crowd was made up of Latter Day Saints..truly my people. Sisters activily engaged in a good cause.
The Founder of this organization is a member of the church.He worked for Homeland Security and now goes undercover to recover the children caught in this slavery. He gave an interview where he said when he first would go undercover he struggled seeing his own children in their faces and was taught how to remove those images from his mind so that he could accomplish the tasks that he needed to do. But later when he was experiencing the same sensation of seeing his own children in the faces of the enslaved children he heard a voice tell him no imagine that they are your children. He said once he realized that when he imagined those kids as his own children he began to fight that much harder to recover them. His message is to always think of the children as if they are your own. That's what we need to do. I would run on broken glass to rescue my kids. My Sabbath day fast is for those children. Pleading for their freedom. All I can do is rally, speak up, donate and pray.


1 comment:
I love that my wife and kids don't shy away from opportunities to speak out and "stand up" for what they believe. Great job, ladies.
Post a Comment