This week has been all about the masks! Olivia's friend started a charity organization to help hospital workers receive masks. Olivia signed up to do a batch. She made 52 masks! The fabric is autoclave meaning it can be reused and sanitized. it was quite the team effort Olivia and I could not have done it without Nana's help! She has a great sewing machine and she's also very willing and helpful!!
I signed up to do masks for our missionaries. it was a totally different pattern than Olivia's mess a little more complicated and a lot more time-consuming Nana and i made 16. Later we also made 7 more masks for the family. We really got the hang of it and I wish those would have been the ones I donated cuz they looked a lot better.
Nana put the sewing machine in the family room so we could watch TV eat munchies and so our hearts out!!
Also notable this week is that Adrianna made the family dinner! She made scrambled eggs pancakes and fried sausage. It was delicious and very helpful!
Benjamin made Anna a "balcony" outside her window. She loves it and was quite impressed with Benjamin skills.
It was such a long long quaranteen week... Each day has been like a week. I read today that somebody has said in regards to this Covid19 quarantine "hey we're all in the same boat" but the article talked about how we're not all in the same boat we're all in the same storm. That every boat is different. Some people are really struggling financially right now, struggling for food and their basic necessities. Some have lost their jobs (me!). Some have felt the ultimate loss, that of a loved one. Some people who live alone feel completely alone because they can't go out and visit people. As far as this quarantine has gone I feel very grateful for my boat, for the many blessings that we have. Those blessings have made this storm bearable. I hope the masks help lighten someone else's boat. I have a friend who's family has made over 400 masks...400 she's basically building boats!





No comments:
Post a Comment