Last year I found a female carpenter in Tucson on Facebook. She had several furniture pieces that she had redone and they were beautiful. I explained what I was looking for and she quoted me $500 cheaper than what I had found online. I was so excited I hired her and sent her a deposit. Months went by...my name was still on the bottom of the projects list. Finally, 6 months and I had had it. I contacted her and had her send me the deposit back. I was so frustrated with the wasted time. I started looking at furniture that I could redo and change to look like what I wanted. I bought an entertainment center on Craigslist for $300. My thought was I would save a lot of money and possibly find a new hobby I enjoy....that did not happen. It was the worst. Sanding proved to be so terrible I tried many different methods all were arduous and time-consuming. Probably more than me figuring out that I didn't want to be a carpenter was the major inconvenience this was to Benjamin. He helped with sanding, painting and constructing the doors so that we could close off the TV... the project ate up much of his free time. When possible hire a dog groomer. When possible hire a mechanic to change your oil. When possible buy finished furniture. NEVER. AGAIN.
Well done Benjamin. It seems your reservoir of talents runs very deep. As Meatloaf once sang, "Oh I would do anything for love, Oh I would do anything for love, but I won't do that. No, I won't do that." Thank you, Benjamin, for doing that. Benjamin saved us $1300 if you don't count time...but I have learned one should always count time. Thanks babe!




1 comment:
Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!
Post a Comment