Sunday, March 3, 2019

Sunflowers, mock trial and Charlotte's Baptism

Before rodeo break Olivia and I planted sunflowers. We planted the real big kind, Russian mammoths. Then Tucson had several nights below freezing and snow. We thought our seeds were gonners. We had several days with rain so we didn't worry about watering. When we didn't get any rain I watered them and wouldn't you know it those tough little buggers lived and started to sprout!
I love that you can see a sunflower seed attached to the sprouting leaves.

Olivia had her mock trial. She crushed it!! We watched her in two trials. The first as a lawyer. She was amazing. I would not like to be the defendant being prosecuted by her.. She won best attorney by the opposing team for that trial. For her second trial she was a witness. She decided to do her part in a southern accent. She kept that accent thee entire time 😂. Even for the cross when they can be angry, she didn't falter. Her thespian mother was very proud! She won best witness twice by the opposing team. Olivia would be a fantastic lawyer but also a standout actress!! She borrowed a purple skirt suit from Nana, she looked fabulous!! People actually in the trial referred to her as the woman in the purple power suit. She of course loved that ❤️


Later that day we went up to Charlotte Howes baptism. It of course was beautiful. Always fun when cousins can get together. Charlotte's dress was so beautiful 😍 Aaron and Jen provided an ice cream bar after with amazing sugar cookies, seriously so yummy.

Another week in the books..

1 comment:

Lindsey's Lemonade said...

Oh, how I would have loved to have seen Ms. Livvy in the courtroom! I can't wait until the day she's not just a star witness or attorney but thee Honorable Olivia Jane Howe.