Sunday, January 6, 2019

Olivia's Sweet 16 Bash! Baby gets a license... December 2018


Sweet Olivia's birthday is December 26th, great time to celebrate with family cause there is usually a couple of out of town families that come in, not the best time to gather friends though. So this year we threw her party earlier in December. Can't remember the last time we had a big bash for her so it was exciting! It was quite the party. She had a ton of people come from school, church, cousins and friends of her siblings that wanted to shower Olivia with support and love. She passed out invitations at church and one of the girls said: "I am so glad we get invited other grades are talking about this party!" The hype helps when your school is small. We had a nacho bar, snack foods and desserts, and smores. These were the most pictures I could smuggle out without being an obnoxious parent, Benjamin, Parkin, Anna and I hung out in the guest house for most of the party.








On her real birthday, we were at Nana and Papa's house. We rented our whole property for Christmas break its an unbelievable task moving a family of 7 but the amount people pay to rent our property is pretty unbelievable too... Olivia wanted to get her license on her birthday so we scheduled an appointment with MDV and borrowed Nana's smaller car. That proved to be a very stressful situation. The car didn't have current registration. We thought we will just pay to have a copy of the registration but then we found out the car still needed to pass the emissions test! My poor type-A-always-have-everything-planned-out-daughter did not need this hick-up. But she handled the setbacks SO WELL!! She asked to say a prayer with me and took a deep breath and called Dad! Benjamin came with the can, despite needing to print up our current insurance card. They were able to verify the insurance with his phone screenshot, phew!!! Of course, she passed the test with flying colors!! Bella made her a congratulations happy birthday cake with a red car, she said she was prepared to wipe the car off if things didn't go so well ... :)

Found this gem, wish I could say I took this picture when I was a kid, but no I was married, ha ha!! I wasn't even 21! So I was a baby.






Pic of me and my little girl who is growing up way to fast is too smart for school and who is incredibly witty and makes me feel young when she teaches me what all the cool kids are saying! Love you Livvers!!

No comments: